Information on Admission to K1 Classes in the 2021/22 School Year
(a) Collection of Application Form:
- Obtain from school in person
- Download from our school website
(b) Distribution Period and Submission Period：
14th August 2020 to 16th October 2020 (*Except Sundays and Public Holidays)
(c) Distribution Time and Submission Time：
Monday to Friday: 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
(d) Application Procedure：
All application forms should be submitted in person with the following documents:
- Original and photocopy of the child’s birth certificate
- A recent photo of the child (Please paste it on the application form)
- Original and photocopy of the child’s vaccination card issued by the Health Centre
- 3 self-addressed envelopes with postage stamps of HK$2 affixed.
- HK$40 application fee (non-returnable whether the application is successful or not.)
(e) Application for Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission：
- Under the kindergarten (KG) education scheme (hereafter referred to as “Scheme”), each child who can receive education in Hong Kong will only be issued a registration document and all Scheme-KGs can only admit children holding a valid registration document.
- Parents are required to submit an application for the Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission (hereafter referred to as “RC”) to the EDB from September to November 2020. The RC will be open for applications in September 2020 and the EDB will announce and upload the details of application onto the EDB’s website (https://www.edb.gov.hk/k1-admission_e) in due course. Upon receipt of the applications with all necessary information and documents provided, the EDB will generally take six to eight weeks to complete processing of the applications and issue the RC to applicants who are eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme by post. If a child cannot obtain an RC as he/she can receive education in Hong Kong but is not eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme, the EDB will then issue a Kindergarten Admission Pass (hereafter referred to as “AP”) to the child concerned for registration and admission to a Scheme-KG but the parents concerned are required to pay full school fees before deduction of subsidy under the Scheme as shown on the Fees Certificate of the KG to which the child is admitted.
- Upon obtaining permission from the Director of Immigration, non-local children (such as children holding a form of recognizance, children whose parent(s) is/are holding a student visa, etc.) can receive education in Hong Kong but they are not eligible for subsidy under the Scheme.
(f) Admission Criteria：
- Interview performance
- The applicant with sibling(s) currently studying in our school will be given priority consideration
- K.1 Applicants should be born on or before 31st December 2018
- The applicant from families in need of whole day classes will be given priority consideration when applying for whole day classes
(g) Interview Arrangements：
- We will arrange an interview for all applicants.
- Interviews will be conducted on 28th November 2020. Notification about the date and time will be sent to parents separately.
- Interviews will be conducted in the forms of games, storytelling or group activities.
- Parents should accompany their child for the interview.
- Please contact us at 2487 4607 if interpretation / translation service is required.
(h) Announcement of Admission Results：
- We will inform parents of the K1 admission results before 18th December 2020 by post.
(i) Registration Arrangements：
- Successful applicants: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child from 7th to 9th January 2021 (Centralised Registration Dates) by submitting the RC / AP to our school and paying the registration fee.
- Applicants on the waiting list: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child according to the specified date set by our school. Parents are required to submit the RC / AP to our school and pay the registration fee.
- Please be reminded that if parents cannot submit the RC / AP during registration, our school may not be able to complete registration for their child. Hence, parents are required to submit application for the registration document to the EDB within the specified period.
- The registration fee for 2021/22 K1 place in the AM class is HK$970, while that for K1 place in the whole day class is HK$1570. If the child concerned studies in our school, the registration fee paid will be refunded in October. Should parents decide to change school after registration, please notify us in writing. We will return the RC / AP as soon as possible but the registration fee will not be refunded. Upon obtaining the RC / AP, our school will no longer keep the school place for the child.
For any enquiries regarding our admission arrangements, please contact us at 2487 4607.
E-mail: [email protected]